4.25.2006

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

I grew up dreaming of being a cowboy,
And loving the cowboy ways.

Pursuing the life of my high riding heroes,
I burned up my childhood days.

I learned all the rules of a modern day drifter,
Don't you hold on to nothing too long.

Just take what you need from the ladies and leave them,
With the words of a sad country song.

My heroes have always been cowboys.
And they still are it seems.

Willie Nelson



I love cowboy poetry and country & western music.

They speak to me.






You see every little boy dreams of being a cowboy when he grows up.







We have stories and games that feed our imagination of life on the frontier. Riding horses, driving cattle, cowboys and indians, and baked beans.








And some of us never grow up. That's why I want to go to cowboy school so I can learn to rustle and rope.



When I left my last job my wife encouraged me to take time off and do something really good for me. That's when I said I wanted to go to cowboy school.

But that idea got vetoed just like the robot-themed wedding.

Get along little doggies.





Technorati Tags:,



Categories:Category 6_

Home>>

1 Comments:

Blogger PopCereal said...

Man! No robot wedding and no cowboy school... bummer. Keep a smile on, cuz you got a helluva blog going on here.

And thanks for stopping by my place.

Mr. Miller

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home