4.10.2006

Satan


Satan is also commonly known as the Devil (Latin Diábolus, Diaboli, from Greek Διάβολος Diábolos, meaning slanderer), the "Prince of Darkness," Beelzebub (direct translation is "Lord of the Flies"), Belial, Mephistopheles, and Lucifer ("lightbringer").











In the Bible Satan is associated with temptation. Satan tempted Adam and Eve, Job, and Jesus.












Anyway, I think I understand a world that includes Satan and God. At least I understand temptation and the Seven Deadly Sins:

Pride, Envy, Anger
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony,
Lust

These guys are my friends. I live with them all of the time.


I think I started down the dark path with the first cassette I ever owned when I was a kid which was Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent. My mom's friend Gigi bought it for me when I was in kindergarten. Who gives that to a kindygardner?

Then the first CD I ever bought was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath by one of the greatest bands of all time. I used to take bong tokes and listen to it over and over.


According to the Christians, sinning can send you to Hell. I learned about this by reading Jack Chick tracts. Remember the ones which you used to find at bus stops and tucked in the booth at Denny's? Plus weird guys would pass out them out to you outside punk rock clubs in the 80s.

I learned that when you die you go to heaven and St. Peter greets you at the pearly gates.


Then they open up the Book of Life and check for your name.


If you were a sinner then God casts you down to Hell where you swim in a lake of fire for eternity.



According to Jack Chick, this is what happens to people like "Bad Bob".


The problem is Bad Bob sounds like my type of guy. So I can't say I'm really into Jack Chick's message.


Anyway my wife says it's all bs anyway. She went to 12 years of Catholic School and she never learned it.

But this is what Jack Chick has to say about her kind.


My kind he likes, though. Right on!




Technorati Tags:,



Categories:Category 7_, Category 6_, ...

Home>>

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no 72 virgins??? WTF!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home